As a home health provider, you have a 76-year-old male patient, who needs substantial care at home. When it comes to his highly advanced COPD, the nursing care that your agency provides is of the essence. However, he also needs the services of Physical and Occupational Therapists to address his weakness and help him perform his day-to-day functions. You have outsourced your clinical services to a so-called ‘specialist’ agency, but their lack of coordination reflects on the patient’s rapidly deteriorating condition. Your entire home care operation is in the hands of third parties with no accountability, and the patient doesn’t receive care on time. How the rest of this scenario plays out, doesn’t leave much room for imagination.
This is not how any healthcare facility runs when it comes to providing clinical services and saving lives. Most definitely not yours. However, it is how many billing departments function when their operations have been entirely outsourced. Why is this the case?
Conventional wisdom tells us that outsourcing billing operations and coding management reflects well on a healthcare centre’s revenue statements. However, this remains only conditionally true in 2021. Just as there are strong benefits associated with outsourcing, these are all but nullified by the presence of intermediaries between healthcare providers and service providers.
When considering outsourcing in current times, there’s a larger aspect to this decision that many tend to overlook – value. While your clinical expertise saves lives by delivering best-in-class healthcare, intermediaries must not hold other non-clinical operations behind. This calls for a revolutionary new way of outsourcing that we simply call Outsourcing 2.0, which focuses entirely on eliminating intermediaries and bridging the gap between healthcare institutions & service providers to create a system that’s as effective as a dedicated team, minus the overheads.
Here’s a closer look at how eliminating intermediaries can maximise value across all levels of your facility.
- Complete Accountability: A team that reports directly to your organisation is a team that’s accountable, not just as a unit or as a consulting agency, but down to the most basic individual level. In Outsourcing 2.0, your billing team won’t just be a dedicated team for your facility, but also solely accountable to your organisation for all operations and results.
- Consistency As A Norm: With established frameworks and processes that are specific to your healthcare facility and a specialised team that has mastered these processes, one can only expect consistent results and even more consistent successes. With your dedicated team of specialists, there’s no room for speculation on expected output and results. This makes a non-medical function turn so consistent, you could even call it clinical.
- Cohesiveness That’s Smooth: Under Outsourcing 2.0, you have a dedicated team that’s oriented with your organisational culture and processes – and as a result, miscommunication becomes a relic of a bygone era. Experience seamless cohesiveness of thought and function, and nip any potential avenues for miscommunication before they even arise. A cohesive setup enables you and your team of clinicians to focus on what you do best – saving lives. Control That Works: Oversight is a powerful tool in any manager’s arsenal, and dedicated teams only strengthen its power. Dedicated teams allow for control at every stage of billing operations, facilitating more efficient resolution of queries and potential issues and a more hands-on approach to management that could ultimately yield greater revenue. This level of oversight isn’t a burden – it gives you a firsthand understanding of the exact state of your organisation, enabling more insightful decision-making.
- Control That Works: Oversight is a powerful tool in any manager’s arsenal, and dedicated teams only strengthen its power. Dedicated teams allow for control at every stage of billing operations, facilitating more efficient resolution of queries and potential issues and a more hands-on approach to management that could ultimately yield greater revenue. This level of oversight isn’t a burden – it gives you a firsthand understanding of the exact state of your organisation, enabling more insightful decision-making.
- Timeliness That’s Like Clockwork: With a team that’s based in the USA, comes the peace of mind of knowing that your team functions on the basis of the same time zone as your healthcare facility. The benefits that come with this are truly profound. Working together towards shared objectives at the same time, ensures that your organisation doesn’t just ahead with the times – but at the same time as all your departments. These cohesive efforts aren’t just a matter of convenience. They move your organisation forward.
- Centralisation That’s Centred On You: Having dedicated billing operations doesn’t just make operational sense, but makes organisational sense too. A dedicated team lends itself to the strengthening of your organisational structure as a whole, setting a solid foundation for both the present and the future. Centralised setups bring together specialists that solely work towards the progress of your healthcare institution, eliminating any dependency on external organisations and bolstering your preparedness for the future. Your organisation becomes your team’s one and only professional priority.
- Absolute Compliance: With ever-evolving compliance norms and regulations, a team that is rooted in the USA is inherently better equipped to ensure absolute compliance. Having a dedicated locally present team prevents potential breaches of HIPAA regulations, and more. This doesn’t just prevent operational challenges, but delivers the peace of mind that you need to focus on your clinical operations and deliver superior healthcare services without regulatory breaches.
- It’s All In The Value: Across all spectrums, having dedicated billing operations under Outsourcing 2.0 clearly creates value at multiple levels in your organisation. Right from eliminating dependencies and facilitating efficiency, to the long term aspect of strengthening the very core of your organisational structure, Outsourcing 2.0 offers compelling solutions for both the present and the future. While some of these aspects can be measured in economic value, the rest only serve to enable your organisation to excel both as an institution as well as an experience for your patients.
Outsourcing 2.0 – how do I get started?
Just as there is no room for needless dependencies in clinical operations, there is no longer any when it comes to billing operations as well. Red Road is an American medical billing management company headquartered in the United States, that doesn’t just act as a consulting agency but works as a dedicated team for your healthcare institution with no intermediaries. Our team of world-class specialists delivers superior services at half the market rate for outsourced operations, ushering in an era of what we call Outsourcing 2.0. And with that, comes the consistency and operational ease that can truly transform your healthcare facility.